- Award mechanisms
- award processes
- Key Dates
- Review process
- Past Calls for Applications
Student Research Supplement
All applications must address one or more of
our nine research priorities and must be tobacco-related.
- Recipients of non-mentored TRDRP grants, such as Research Awards, are eligible to apply for a Student Research Supplement.
- Principal Investigators of Postdoctoral and Predoctoral Awards are not eligible to apply for a Student Research Supplement.
- Undergraduate and master’s students are eligible for a Student Research Supplement
- Students enrolled in a predoctoral degree program are not eligible for this supplement and should apply for the Predoctoral Award.
- Maximum supplement amount per year: $20,000 (direct cost)
- Maximum duration: 1 year
- Allowable direct costs: Salaries, fringe benefits, tuition, enrollment fees for the trainee, supplies, domestic travel
- Equipment: Not allowed as part of this supplemental funding
Supplies and Travel:
- Project-related travel: As needed (must be fully justified)
- Travel to TRDRP conference: $750 (mandatory)
- Scientific conference travel: Up to $2,000 per year (excluding TRDRP Conference)
- Supplies: Up to $2200 (must be fully justified)
- Indirect Costs: Not allowed
SUPPLEMENT Submission procedure:
- To be considered for funding, an application for a Student Research Supplement must be submitted as part of a scientific progress report for an active non-mentored TRDRP grant. Investigators must have at least one year remaining on their TRDRP parent award to ensure the best conditions and results for prospective trainees.
Grants administered in SmartSimple please click link for application materials and upload completed documents in noted system.
Grants administered in proposalCentral please click link for application materials and upload completed documents in noted system.
If you have questions, please contact the UCOP Research Grants Program Office, Contracts and Grants team at email@example.com.