- Award mechanisms
- award processes
- Key Dates
- Review process
- Past Calls for Applications
Cornelius Hopper Diversity Supplement
Principal investigators with an active TRDRP grant should encourage trainees from socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, racial, linguistic and geographic backgrounds who are not well-represented in the tobacco control research field or who are from underserved communities. However, in accordance with state law, preference will not be given to applicants based on race, color, ethnicity, gender or national origin.
- Recipients of non-mentored TRDRP grants, such as Research Awards, are eligible to apply for a Cornelius Hopper Diversity Supplement.
- Principal Investigators of Postdoctoral and Predoctoral Awards are not eligible to apply for a Cornelius Hopper Diversity Supplement.
- Undergraduate students, master’s students and graduate students are eligible for a Cornelius Hopper Diversity Supplement.
- Individuals who are working in the tobacco control field or proposed research area but do not have experience in research, community members, school personnel or students are eligible for a Cornelius Hopper Diversity Supplement.
- Individuals who have earned a doctoral degree (e.g. Ph.D., M.D., J.D. ) are not eligible to be supported by this Supplement.
- Maximum supplement amount per year: $20,000 (direct cost)
- Maximum duration: 2 years
- Allowable direct costs: Salary and benefits, tuition, enrollment fees for the trainee, supplies, domestic travel
- Equipment: Not allowed as part of this supplemental funding
Supplies and Travel:
- Project-related travel: As needed (must be fully justified)
- Travel to TRDRP conference: $750 (mandatory)
- Scientific conference travel: Up to $2,000 per year (excluding TRDRP Conference)
- Supplies: Up to $2,200 (must be fully justified)
- Indirect costs: Not allowed
Supplement submission procedure:
- To be considered for funding, an application for a Cornelius Hopper Diversity Award Supplement must be submitted as part of a scientific progress report for an active, non-mentored TRDRP grant.
- Investigators must have at least one year remaining on their TRDRP parent award to ensure the best conditions and results for prospective trainees.
Grants administered in SmartSimple please click link for application materials and upload completed documents in noted system.
Grants administered in proposalCentral please click link for application materials and upload completed documents in noted system.
If you have questions, please contact the UCOP Research Grants Program Office, Contracts and Grants team at email@example.com.